- MADE IN THE USA UNDER STRICT QUALITY GUIDELINES to ensure each light stick works without issue - guaranteed. Rest assured knowing you can trust SnapLight
- PATENTED, LONG-LASTING FORMULATIONS provide high light output for 8 hours at a time to help you get the job done when electric light isn’t an option.
- GUARANTEED 5 YEAR SHELF LIFE AND INDIVIDUAL FOIL WRAPPING means SnapLight can be safely stored for years until the need arises without harm to the stick or components.
- INDUSTRIAL-GRADE STICK CONSTRUCTION protects internal components during use, providing a level of durability not found in competitor light sticks.
- WATER-PROOF, NON-FLAMMABLE, NON-TOXIC CHEMISTRY means SnapLight is as safe as it is durable. Perfect for confined spaces or underwater applications.
The Cyalume SnapLight is a blue industrial grade light stick measuring 6" long, for providing instant 360 degree illumination, that can be seen up to a mile away for up to 8 hours in optimal conditions. The SnapLight is waterproof, non-toxic, and non-flammable. To activate the light stick, bend, snap and shake the tube. The light stick has a hook and gate top, for hanging or attaching the light. Each light stick is individually foil-wrapped for protection from light and moisture, and has up to a five-year shelf life from date of manufacture.
The durable, waterproof, external body of the light stick is made from low density polyethylene (LDPE), and is phthalate free for safety. The internal illuminating substance is non-toxic and non-flammable, and the components of the light stick are recyclable. The light stick floats in water and works best between 40 to 80 degrees F (4 to 27 degrees C), and although the light stick works at higher or lower temperatures, it is less effective in colder temperatures.
All sticks are tested at a temperature of 72 degrees F (22 degrees C) to determine the illumination duration. Each 10-degree C (50-degree F) increase or decrease in temperature doubles or halves the reaction rate, and therefore the brightness and duration. For example, the same light stick that emits approximately 30 lux (a unit that describes how much light is visible over a square meter) at 15 minutes after activation at 24 degrees C (75 degrees F) will be half as bright but glow twice as long at 14 degrees C (57 degrees F). At 34 degrees C (93 degrees F), the same light stick would be twice as bright, but glow half as long. Storage at elevated temperatures (above 120 degrees F or 49 degrees C) will decrease shelf life and start to soften the plastic tube, and increase the risk of a leak. Exposure to cold temperatures will not affect the light sticks if they are warmed above 40 degrees F (4.5 degrees C) before activation, unless they are frozen (which occurs at -15 to -20 degrees F, or -26 to -29 degrees C). Once light sticks have been frozen, they will still produce some light, but performance will not be as reliable. Humidity and atmospheric conditions do not affect the light sticks.
Cyalume Technologies manufactures chemiluminescent products used for safety, industrial, and military applications. The company, founded in 1970 and headquartered in West Springfield, MA, makes products under ChemLight and SnapLight brands. ChemLight products meet military specifications, and the company meets ISO 9001 standards.